Current Positions Available:
Essentials for Living Program (ELP)/ Volunteer Coordinator
Exempt - 15-20 hours/week - Salaried Position
The ELP/Volunteer Coordinator prioritizes the recruitment, training and management of volunteers, providing program support for the Essentials for Living Program and volunteer coordinator functions for the Alliance for Living. This position assists and empowers volunteers to enhance their job skills and experience.
Essential Functions & Activities:
The ELP/ Volunteer Coordinator reports directly to the President/CEO. This position is responsible for providing training for volunteers to staff our Essentials for Life Program, front desk and some administrative duties. The coordinator will provide training and management in the following areas:
- Front Desk: answer phones and take messages
- Client Events: Managing client events with staff and volunteers supporting the agency.
- Data Management: Compile ELP program data. Track client data and prepare accurate monthly and quarterly funder reports.
- Pantry Management: Manage staff and/or assist in picking up and purchasing pantry items, stock shelves and conduct a regular inventory of items, as required.
- Weekly Meal: In the absence of designated staff, will plan, prepare, serve and clean up meal; may be required to assist for food ordering/pickup duty as needed. All participants will complete safe serve training and apply those standards.
- Coordinates duties with facilities & maintenance staff as required
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills
Strong communication skills, including writing, speaking, and editing.
Knowledge of and experience working with people living with HIV/AIDS.
Ability to work effectively with a diverse population of people and agency stakeholders.
Ability to represent the agency to wider community in a professional manner.
Well organized and able to prioritize work.
Excellent computer skills (Experience with MS Office and reporting forms,.
Requires flexible schedule, some weekends and evenings.
Customer service driven/team player.
Ability to work independently and as a team member; escalate critical issues as appropriate for resolution.
Participate in agency trainings as assigned.
Must have own transportation and valid driver’s license and insurance.
Education: B.A. or five (5) years of relevant experience.
Bilingual, Spanish/English, desirable.
This position reports directly to the President/CEO.
If you are interested in applying please email your cover letter and resume to Kelly Thompson, CEO: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will not be accepted without a cover letter. Deadline for applications is Friday, September 30th at 5pm.