ALLIANCE For Living is always looking for people to join our team.
Please send us your resume and details to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be in touch if anything comes up that matches your skill set.
POSITION: Peer Navigator. We currently have one full-time (40) hour position available.
PURPOSE: The primary responsibility of this position is to provide outreach, education, and connections to care for individuals experiencing mental health and substance use that are transitioning out of incarceration. This is a grant-funded program and position, subject to periodic renewal.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES: (Examples – not an all-inclusive listing)
· Conduct community outreach about opioid use disorder and treatment options, including harm reduction strategies.
· Engage in conversations with people concerning their mental health and substance use.
· Explore treatment options with participants.
· Facilitate timely referrals and placements with treatment and support providers.
· Connect participants to the larger community of care.
· Educate and assist community members regarding mental health, trauma and substance use disorder.
· Provide case management for participants to support evolving individual needs.
· Participate in ongoing training and education.
· Report writing and record keeping.
· Other duties as are assigned.
· Experience with mental health diagnoses, treatment and support.
· Understanding of substance use and substance use disorder, medication and support.
· Familiarity with local support services and resources.
· Computer skills, including knowledge and proficiency of Microsoft Office.
· Ability to relate effectively with all segments of the public.
· Lived experience with substance use disorder and/or mental health diagnoses, incarceration and interaction with police encouraged.
· Ability to be outside and mobile to conduct outreach and participate in community events.
· Ability to develop trust and rapport with participants, project staff and community partners.
· Demonstrated skill in active listening, conflict management and issue reporting to management.
· Understanding of ability and expectation to maintain appropriate professional boundaries.
· Cross-cultural skills and experience with culturally diverse populations.
· Strong client service skills.
· Effective communication and time management skills.
· Ability to honor confidentiality requirements during both employment and post-employment periods.
· Valid driver’s license and vehicle insurance is required. Must have own vehicle to conduct outreach in the Southeastern CT area.
Application process: Please submit a cover letter and resume via email to Carol Jones: by April 30, 2021.
We are an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. This is an at will employment status position.